The New European Bauhaus Prizes 2024 are open to applications and will award up to EUR 30 000 for exemplary initiatives linking sustainability, aesthetics and inclusiveness – the three complementary values of the New European Bauhaus.
The Prizes recognise and reward existing projects and young people’s concepts, which demonstrate that the sustainable solutions promoted by the European Green Deal can also be inclusive and beautiful, bringing high-quality experiences to people’s everyday lives.
The Prizes will be awarded in 4 thematic categories:
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- The need for long-term, life-cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem.
In each of the four categories, there are two parallel competition strands
- Strand A: “New European Bauhaus Champions”, devoted to existing and completed projects with clear and positive results.
- Strand B: “New European Bauhaus Rising Stars”, dedicated to concepts submitted by young talents aged 30 or less. The concepts can be at different stages of development, from ideas with a clear plan to the prototype level.