WBDM Fashion Programme
Each year, a fashion brands selection can benefit of specific aids to boost their development abroad:
-Two financial prizes awarded
-Personalised coaching, which helps them to be better prepared for international markets, whether in terms of strategy, commercial positioning, communication or image.
The brands are selected for their originality, professionalism and their potential to penetrate internationally.
The applications are analyzed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Product: the quality of the collections and their product/market suitability;
- Image: the quality of communication media;
- Management: the consistency of the business plan and the financing capacity;
- The international development strategy;
- The motivation to receive the aid sought.
The call for entries for the Fashion Programme 2019 is online.
In October, a panel of international experts and the WBDM team met in Brussels in order to award two prizes that consist in financial assistance.
- The first grant, worth €35,000 was awarded to the Maison Marcy brand, to help its commercial development abroad. Based in Brussels, the brand offers fashionable pajamas -both for men and women- that can be worn by day as well as by night;
- The second grant of €15,000 was awarded to 42|54 for their communication development abroad. The duo of athletes, Olivie Borlée and Elodie Ouedraogo, founded this belgian sportswear brand with the aim to combine their two passions: fashion and sport.
Moreover, six designers benefit of personalized coaching provided by specialist consultants recruited by WBDM:
- Edmunds (tie and ceremony accessories for man)
- Fabienne Delvigne (head accessories for women)
- Filles à papa (ready-to-wear for women)
- My Bob(hats)
- MyElza (leather goods)
- Signe Nature (ready-to-wear for women)